What does the word “Collaborate” mean?
Collaborate means to work together towards a common goal. So, if someone says “We need to collaborate on this project”, they mean that they want to work together with others to achieve a common objective.
Here are some example sentences using collaborate with this meaning:
- The two companies are going to collaborate on a new product development project.
- The team of researchers have been collaborating to find a cure for the disease.
- The artists decided to collaborate on a new painting that would showcase both of their styles.
Can you think of any other example sentences using collaborate?
Keep in mind the best way to remember this or any vocabulary in English is to take the word or phrase write it in a sentence that’s true for you or true in your world and then memorize your sentences.
You can even take your sentences and write them in the comments below. I would love to see your examples. And if you really want help with vocabulary, sign up for my free vocabulary workshop (see below).
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Vocabulary Workshop
Learn how to get, learn, and remember vocabulary
Building vocabulary is the key to speaking more fluently and with more confidence.
- Where and how to get new words
- The best way to study and learn your new words
- How to own your new vocabulary
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn new vocabulary words, but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! (Free PDF download included)