What does it mean to do something on the fly?
When you when you do something on the fly it means that you do it without the prior preparation.
- Jane said that her son took his final exam on the fly. It’s a miracle that he passed it.
- At the meeting yesterday my boss made me give a speech on the fly. I was pretty nervous, but somehow I did it.
- There’s no way that you’re going to pass your college entrance exams on the fly. You’re going to have to study hard.
How about you? Do you know anyone who has done something on the fly? Have you? Why not leave your answer the comments?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs