What does it mean when someone says build up? Well, build up is a phrasal verb and it means to increase the size or amount of something.
- I think I’m going to start exercising. I want to build up my muscles.
- My friend Stew has built up a huge following on TikTok.
- They have built up a lot of new apartments on the south side of the city.
How about you? What do you want to build up?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs