By The Book
What does by the book mean? Here is the meaning of by the book.
When you do something by the book, you follow the rules exactly. We usually use by the book to show that someone is not flexible about using the rules.
- When it comes to the vacation policy, my boss always goes by the book.
- The teacher is very strict and grades each term paper by the book.
How about you? Do you usually go by the book?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
Show your support →
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You
Yes, your grammar book probably taught you the difference between during and while, but it probably didn’t teach you how we actually use those words in everyday English. This book does!
You’ll also learn how to really use phrases such as:
- By Friday and Until Friday
- In the end and At the end
- I’m bored and I’m boring
- Even if and Even though
- Just and Only
- Much and Many
- Stop doing it and Stop to do it…and so much more!
You’ll also learn how to use causatives, conditionals, frequency adverbs, modal verbs, articles, and prepositions.
It’s …Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You