OFF THE BEATEN TRACK (PATH)
A place that is off the beaten track is one that is not known or not frequented by tourists. We use off the beaten track and off the beaten path.
- That beach is off the beaten path.
- Arthur Ave. in The Bronx is off the beaten track, but it has some great Italian restaurants.
- I like to go to places that are off the beaten track.
How about you? When you travel, do you like to go to places that are off the beaten track?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
Show your support →
Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You
Yes, your grammar book probably taught you the difference between during and while, but it probably didn’t teach you how we actually use those words in everyday English. This book does!
You’ll also learn how to really use phrases such as:
- By Friday and Until Friday
- In the end and At the end
- I’m bored and I’m boring
- Even if and Even though
- Just and Only
- Much and Many
- Stop doing it and Stop to do it…and so much more!
You’ll also learn how to use causatives, conditionals, frequency adverbs, modal verbs, articles, and prepositions.
It’s …Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You