Pay back means to return money that you have borrowed. You can say pay back [money] or pay back [someone].
- Paul paid back his student loan in 15 years.
- Can I borrow twenty bucks? I’ll pay you back tomorrow 🙏
- You can borrow the money, but make sure you pay the bank back on time.
How about you? Have you paid anyone back recently? Has anyone paid you back?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
Show your support →
Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You
Yes, your grammar book probably taught you the difference between during and while, but it probably didn’t teach you how we actually use those words in everyday English. This book does!
You’ll also learn how to really use phrases such as:
- By Friday and Until Friday
- In the end and At the end
- I’m bored and I’m boring
- Even if and Even though
- Just and Only
- Much and Many
- Stop doing it and Stop to do it…and so much more!
You’ll also learn how to use causatives, conditionals, frequency adverbs, modal verbs, articles, and prepositions.
It’s …Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You