TO HAVE BUTTERFLIES IN YOUR STOMACH
When you have butterflies in your stomach, it means you are nervous about something that you are just about to do. You can have or get butterflies in your stomach.
- I had butterflies in my stomach when I asked her for a date!
- I got butterflies in my stomach just before my presentation.
- I always have butterflies in my stomach when I see the police parked on the side of the highway as I’m driving along.
How about you? When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
Show your support →
Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You
Yes, your grammar book probably taught you the difference between during and while, but it probably didn’t teach you how we actually use those words in everyday English. This book does!
You’ll also learn how to really use phrases such as:
- By Friday and Until Friday
- In the end and At the end
- I’m bored and I’m boring
- Even if and Even though
- Just and Only
- Much and Many
- Stop doing it and Stop to do it…and so much more!
You’ll also learn how to use causatives, conditionals, frequency adverbs, modal verbs, articles, and prepositions.
It’s …Everything Your GRAMMAR BOOK Didn’t Teach You