I went for pizza last week with some of my friends. We always go to the same place when we go to have dinner, because the food is awesome. After dinner we went drinking. It was great to spend time with them, and we have a lot of fun. Today, we are going to have a look at some different English Grammar patterns that use go. Ready? Let’s go!
We use go + to + verb to show the purpose of our movement:
- I went to get gas on the way to work. I went somewhere in order to buy gasoline…
- We went to have dinner at our favorite restaurant.
- Jack said may go to meet Bob at the pub after work.
We also use go + for + noun to show the purpose of our movement:
- We went for pizza last weekend. It was great!
- I heard Chris and Dana went for dinner last night.
- Jack said he may go for a drink with Bob at the pub after work.
We use go + VerbING when we go somewhere to do an activity:
- I’m going to go skiing next weekend with my sister.
- Jack went surfing for the first time today.
- Lots of ladies like to go shopping. How about you?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs