A phrasal verb is a combination of a verb and a preposition which is used as an idiom. For today’s English lesson, let’s look at the phrasal verb, call off.
- Meaning: Call off means to cancel.
- Usage: When you call off an event like a meeting, a party, and so on, you decide not to have that event.
- We had to call off the barbecue because of the weather.
- Jane called off the party when she caught a cold.
- If the CEO doesn’t make it to the office in time, we may have to call off today’s meeting.
Thanks for joining me for this one point lesson. See you next time!