- She’s an ace at fixing computers ← Ace is the top card in poker, so an ace means an expert at doing something.
- He’s a genius at fixing cars ← A genius is someone who has a very high level of intelligence.
- You repaired the washer yourself? You’re hot stuff! ← Hot is often used to mean the best at something.
- Jim is a wine maven ← A maven is someone who is a connoisseur or specialist about something.
- Joe is a gardening pro. He can grow anything! ← Pro comes from professional. We can use pro to talk about professionals or amateurs.
- Lisa is a cooking wiz. She made a lovely French dinner! ← Wiz comes from wizard which is like a magically intelligent person.
Answer this question in the comments below, but use one of the expressions from this lesson: What are you an ace at?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!