Phrasal Verb: Call on
Meaning: To visit
- I called on my customers this afternoon
- Tom often calls on his Aunt Jane during the holidays
Phrasal Verb: Call off
Meaning: To cancel
- I called off the golf game because of the rain.
- Jack called off the meeting because everyone was too busy.
Phrasal Verb: Call back
Meaning: To telephone someone who had called you before. To return someone’s phone call.
- I called Joe yesterday but he wasn’t home, and he hasn’t called me back yet
- Ted called while you were at lunch. Please call him back.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
MY NEW BOOK FOR ESL TEACHERS
ESL Games for the Classroom:
101 Interactive Activities to Engage Your Students with Minimal Prep
Motivate your students to learn English with quick set-up, interactive activities from ESL Games for the Classroom. Every moment of class time counts. To fill class time productively, ESL Games for the Classroom offers effective ESL games that engage students with little or no prep work. Now On Sale!