Using Phrasal verbs can make your English sound more natural. Here are some commonly used phrasal verbs and comics to help you learn them.
Phrasal Verb: Go Off
Meaning: To ring. To sound (This phrasal verb is used for alarms and signals)
- My alarm clock goes off at 6:15am.
- The smoke alarm went off when I grilled fish.
Phrasal Verb #78: Put Up With
Meaning: To endure/suffer patiently
- I can’t put up with the heat this summer.
- Jack couldn’t put up with his coworker’s bad attitude.
Phrasal Verb #56: Look for
Meaning: To search for something
- Have you looked for something recently?
- Which search engine do you use to look for things?