When you want to connect the past to the present, you can use since when you talk about a specific point in past time. We use since after a clause that uses the present perfect tense. The verb in the since clause uses the simple past. The structure is since + S + V:
- Jack has played the guitar since he was in elementary school.
- Yuki said she has lived in New York since she graduated university.
- She has helped me so much since I first met her.
Of course, you can also use since + day, date, or other time phrase:
- Jack has played the guitar since 1987.
- Yuki said she has lived in New York since last year.
- Tom has worked in the bank since March.
Did you know I have been writing lessons her since 2010?
If you know anyone who has trouble with this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them.
Thanks for studying today!