Let’s spend a little time talking about wet weather!
Rain is used as a noun to talk about the water that falls down from the sky.
- The rain is very heavy today. I think I’ll stay home.
- A strong roof will prevent rain from coming in the house.
- The rain came in the room because Joe left the window open.
Rain is used as a verb to talk about the action of the water falling down from the sky.
- It is raining heavily today. I think I’ll stay home.
- Does it rain often where you live?
- It looks like it is going to rain, so please close the window.
Rainy is an adjective and is used to describe weather.
- It is a rainy day today. I think I’ll stay home.
- Do you have a rainy season where you live?
- It is going to be rainy today, so please close the window.
What do you like to do on a rainy day?