When you want to mention what someone told you, you can use tell + that, like this:
- She told me that she loved me.
- I told her that I was taking a vacation.
- The boss told Jim that he was doing a good job.
When you want to mention what someone asked you, you can use ask + if, like this:
- She asked me if I loved her.
- I asked her if I could take a vacation.
- The boss asked Jim if he would like to become a manager.
Did someone tell you something or ask you something today? Feel free to leave a comment below!