Let’s talk about the structure first. We can use make or have with appointment, reservation, or plans. The first step in the process is to make an appointment, make reservations, or make plans. Note that we usually use plans in the plural. Then you can say that you have an appointment, reservations, plans, or you made an appointment, reservations, plans. Here are some examples.
- I need to make an appointment with the dentist.
- I made a reservation for the restaurant on Friday.
- I have plans with my friends this weekend.
We make an appointment when we meet with a professional, like a doctor, lawyer, or the dean of a university:
- I will make an appointment to see the dean.
- I have an appointment with the company lawyer tomorrow.
We make a reservation with a company, like for flights, hotels, and restaurants:
- I made a reservation for my flight to Tokyo.
- I have a hotel reservation for two nights.
We use plans when we have arrangements with friends or family.
- I made dinner plans with Jane tomorrow.
- I have plans to take my sister shopping.
Do you have any appointments or plans? Have you made any reservations recently? Leave a comment below and let us know!