Here are some set prepositional phrases we use to talk about time:
We say in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, but at night:
- I always walk my dog in the morning.
- I will be busy in the afternoon, so please call me after work.
- Tony always watches the news in the evening.
- It’s generally quiet in my neighborhood at night.
We say during the week, but on the weekend:
- I always go to the gym during the week.
- Chris plays golf on the weekend.
What do you usually do on the weekend? Do you work or go to school during the week? Leave a comment below and let us know!