Hi Everyone. Sorry for the long silence. It has been a while since I posted a lesson here. It’s because I have been really busy getting ready to open Happy English’s new location on Madison Ave in New York City. Check it out here.
I went to a party last night. The party was really fun. There were a lot of people there from my high school days and everyone had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the party so much. I really enjoy seeing my old friends and spending time chatting about the past.
Let’s have a look at how to use the word fun!
Fun means “enjoyable.” We usually use fun for things, but not people:
- The party was fun. Not, I was fun at the party.
- My English lesson is fun.
- Shopping is fun.
When you do something or experience something that is fun, you can use enjoy + something or have fun + something:
- I enjoyed the party or I had fun at the party.
- I enjoy my English lesson or I have fun at my English lesson.
- I enjoy shopping or I have fun shopping.
Did you do something fun this week? What was it?