As you know, I have a dog named Happy. She is cute and full of energy. She also has a strange way to eat her favorite cookie. I posted her video here so you can check it out. Have you ever seen anything like it? We recently has a party for her 12th birthday. I think she had a good time!
Today, we will look at the most common ways to use have. Do you know them? Have a look at the paragraph above, then check out today’s lesson:
Have is used when we talk about possession and ownership
- Tom has a dog.
- They have a summer house in mountains.
- Do you have a Mac or PC?
You can use have when you talk about relationships
- He has two older brothers.
- I have three cousins on my father’s side.
- Do you have a big family?
We also use have to talk about health problems
- I had a hangover this morning.
- Mom has a headache, so she is taking a nap.
- Brad has a cold, so he’s not coming to the party.
We can also use have to talk about events.
- We are having a birthday party for Jane. Can you come?
- We are having a company picnic next weekend.
- They are having a conference in the hotel ballroom.
We use have + to + verb to talk about obligations
- I have to work on Sundays
- Do you have to work late tonight?
- What do you have to do to get the car running again?
We use have + object + pp verb to talk about experiencing something
- I just had my hair cut
- Joe will have his car serviced before he drives to Boston.
- You had me worried when you didn’t call.
Do you have a good idea about have now? I hope you had a good time studying today. Thanks!
a very nice lesson, thank you:)
Thanks Natalia 🙂