I love cake, especially chocolate cake. With chocolate frosting. But, alas, I am not here to discuss dessert with you, my friends. You clicked to learn idioms and today’s idiom is a piece of cake. That’s the idiom! Got it? Very easy…
When something is a piece of cake, it is very easy. For example
- Joe is pretty smart in math, so the accounting course was a piece of cake for him!
When we are having a conversation with someone we can let them know something is easy by saying, “It’s a piece of cake!” or just, “piece of cake” like this:
- Ted: Bob, can you handle carrying those books by yourself?
- Bob: Sure Ted. Piece of cake!
- Jane: How did you do on the English test?
- Sue: It was a piece of cake!
So how was today’s lesson? A piece of cake? What school subject is a piece of cake for you?