This week, I was talking with one of my students about preferences and interesting discussion came up. Basically, we were trying to figure out the difference between and usage of Prefer, More Than, Better Than. I think this is a tough point for a lot of English learners to master, so for today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at using these words and phrases.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details:
- I study more than Jack does.
- Jack plays golf more than I do.
- Jack has more free time than I do.
- I have more fun at work than Jack.
- Jack plays golf better than I do.
- My work environment is better than Jacks.
- I have more peanuts than Jack does, but Jack has better peanuts than I do.
- I like peanuts more than walnuts.
- I like peanuts better than walnuts.
- I like New York better than Boston.
- I like New York more than Boston.
- I prefer A to B. I prefer A to B.
- I prefer Pizza to burgers.
- I prefer dogs to cats.
- I prefer jazz to country music.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!