Idioms will help your English conversation sound more natural and colorful. Today, I am going to show you five idioms that use like and animals! The idioms are
- eat like a pig
- eat like a bird
- eat like a horse
- drink like a fish
- work like a dog
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or the check the transcript for the details:
- A guy sitting a few tables next to me was eating like a pig.
- Those kids were eating like pigs and they didn’t throw away their trash when they finished!
- These days I often eat like a horse. I’m so hungry all the time.
- In a similar way, when you are very hungry, you can say, I’m so hungry I could eat a horse!.
- When someone eats like a bird, they eat very little.
- My mom eats like a bird. It means she doesn’t eat very much.
- Lori said her friend Jenny drinks like a fish.
- I know I work like a dog all the time!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!