Should and had better are two modal verbs in English that many learners are stuck on the meaning of. Today’s English lesson podcast shows you the difference between these two.
Here are the example sentences
- For awesome shopping, you should check out SOHO. I think shopping in SOHO is a good idea.
- When you come to NYC, you should go to Central Park.
- You should go to Lombardi’s if you want to eat amazing pizza.
With had better:
- You had better not smoke there, because smoking is illegal in NYC parks. If you smoke, the police will give you a ticket.
- It’s a cold day, so you had better dry your hair before going outside. If you don’t, you’ll catch a cold.
- Bob’s doctor told him that he had better stop smoking.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!