We use get on/get off & get in/get out of to talk about transportation. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at how we use these phrasal verbs.
Here are the example sentences
When we talk about public transportation (like a bus, train, or plane), we use get on and get off.
- I got on the train at 34th Street.
- I saw Jack when I got on the bus.
- If you want to come to Happy English, just get off at Grand Central Station.
- I got off the bus at Spring street and then walked to the restaurant.
When we talk about a car (or a taxi, which is a car) we use get in and get out of:
- I got in a taxi and went to my office.
- I got I my car and drove to the train station.
- I told the taxi driver that I wanted to get out at the corner.
- If you want to come to Happy English, just take a taxi. You can get out of the taxi at the corner of Madison Ave and 40th street.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!