225 Verb & Preposition Combinations
eBook & Paperback
- The GRAMMATICAL PATTERN of each verb & preposition combination.
- A SPECIAL SECTION focusing on the meaning of prepositions.
- A SPECIAL SECTION featuring combinations of prepositions with the verb MADE.
- The USAGE of each combination showing how it is used in everyday English.
- EXAMPLE sentences to see how the idiom is used in context.
- 19 QUIZZES to help you study and remember the verbs and prepositions.
- ALMOST 2 HOURS of my audio lessons explaining the meaning and examples of each combination!
Why buy this book?
- It’s designed for self-study.
- This book was written by an English teacher with over 20 years experience.
- It’s an eBook, so you just need to download it and keep a copy on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- It’s got a paperback version.
- The audio version has my own audio lessons.
- It can help you prepare for TOEIC, TOEFL, and IELTS exams.
What are verb & preposition combinations?
English prepositions are often used together with verbs as set phrases. For example The verb listen generally takes the preposition to, as in “I like to listen to jazz.” Other examples include: apologize for , belong to, care for, devote to, elaborate on, feel like, graduate from, help with, invest in, know about, look at, matter to, object to, participate in, recover from, succeed in, think of, vouch for, and write about. This book includes 225 of these combinations.
Why learn verb & preposition combinations?
Getting the preposition right is essential for making your ideas understood in English. There is a differences between hear about and hear from. Knowing these differences, and knowing which preposition to use with which verb will help you sound more natural in English. This can help you in both everyday life and in the workplace. Of course theses preparing for the TOEFL and TOEIC exams will certainly need to know these combinations.