L & R can seem similar, so the pronunciation is a bit difficult for a lot of English learners. For today’s English pronunciation lesson, I am going to show you how to pronounce L & R, which will help make your English sound more natural.
Here are the example sentences:
This is the story of Lucky Larry
When Lucky Larry lived in Aurora Colorado, he loved to ride the range. He regularly left early in the morning and rode until he saw the lovely lake on his land. Larry then required his horse, Lady, to wait while he ran into the lake and did several laps. Luckily, the weather is rarely rainy in Aurora. So Larry could ride Lady every morning. Lucky Larry!
The “L” Sound:
- light, left, last, love, list, late.
Here are some sentences with the “L” Sound:
- Lucy likes lemonade.
- Larry left his lamp near the lake.
- Lucky Louie loves Lisa.
The “R” Sound:
- Right, red, rich, read, rice, run.
Here are some sentences with the “R” Sound:
- Rich runs near the river.
- Rita ran out of rice.
- Rob reads reports before running.
Next, let’s look at some words with L & R at the beginning.
- Light Right.
- Led, red.
- Lamp, ramp.
- Lice, rice.
- I like rice.
- I like lice.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
Just $27 per month
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!