Yesterday was independence day here in the USA, which is a holiday with lots of fireworks, and it got me thinking of some related idioms. Today, let’s have a look at six idioms that have a connection to summer festivals which you can use in daily conversation and even in the office.
Here are some of the example sentences from this episode. To see all of them and to get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- There were a lot of fireworks in the meeting when the boss started criticizing Kim for her poor sales results last month
- After the successful marketing campaign, sales of the new product skyrocketed, exceeding all expectations.
- The basketball player was criticized for hotdogging on the court instead of playing as part of the team.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Monthly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month or $270 per year