Have you been swamped this week? Are you burning the midnight oil? Maybe you’ve been grinding away at the office. If you answered yes to any of these, maybe you’ve been working your tail off. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- I have a big presentation tomorrow, so I’ll have to burn the midnight oil tonight to get it ready.
- My boss always burns the midnight oil, but I prefer to finish my work during the day.
- I burned the midnight oil all week to finish my school reports on time.
- Ralph is grinding away at his studies because he wants to get into a good university.
- Jen’s team is grinding away on this project, and they hope to finish it soon.
- I’ve been grinding away at this job for years, and I’m almost ready to retire.
- I‘m swamped with work this week and don’t have time for anything else.
- The office was swamped with calls and emails after the long holiday weekend.
- We haven’t seen Donna in a while because she’s been swamped with homework and other projects from school.
- I’ve been working my fingers to the bone lately, and I could really use a break.
- Rich said that he worked his fingers to the bone to finish that project, but he was proud of how it turned out.
- I’ve been working like a dog lately to keep up with my workload in the office.
- Sammy works like a dog to support his family.
- Lucy worked her tail off to save enough money for a trip around the world.
- The team worked their tails off to win the championship game.
- It took me a few weeks to learn the ropes of my new job, but now it comes easy.
- Business at Helen’s coffee shop is starting to take off, even though she’s still learning the ropes of running her own business.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Monthly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month or $270 per year