As a rule, I often start off these podcasts like this. As a matter of fact, I started last week’s podcast in a similar way. And as a result, I’ve decided to do it again. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- The boss was pleased as anything with Tommy’s work, and offered him a promotion on the spot.
- After the accident, Kim was shaken up as anything and didn’t want to drive for weeks.
- I don’t like taking medicine, but I’ll do it as a last resort if I can’t get rid of this headache.
- Joe was trying to save up money for months, but as a last resort, he decided to take out a loan to buy the car
- We’ll only use that strategy as a last resort, if all other options fail.
- As a rule, I don’t eat dessert after dinner.
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays as a rule, but they may make exceptions for private parties.
- As a rule, we need to come to the office by 8:30, even though the office opens at 9.00.
- The company policy is to send a confirmation email as a matter of course, so that there is a paper trail of all communications.
- It’s just as a matter of course to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle.
- The receptionist greeted all the visitors as a matter of course.
- I can’t have a meeting tomorrow. As a matter of fact, I’m not available for a meeting until Thursday.
- Oh yeah, Donna’s company has had big expansion plans for a while now. As a matter of fact, they were already planning on expanding before they received the grant.
- This department store is closed on Sundays. As a matter of fact, all of the stores in this county are closed on Sundays too.
- As a result of oversleeping that morning, Kevin missed the train and was late for work.
- The company lost a lot of money, and as a result, many employees were laid off.
- Bobby didn’t study for the exam, and as a result, he failed it.
- As a side note, this marketing report also includes data from last year.
- As a side note, the restaurant only accepts cash payments.
- As a side note, I’ll be out of the office tomorrow.
- As many as 1,000 people gathered in the park for the free concert.
- I think Jack has as many as 2,000 thousand comic books in his collection.
- As many as two hundred gallons of oil were spilled on the road.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Monthly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month or $270 per year