Has anyone put you on the spot or put you in the hot seat? Have you put anything on the back burner? Have you needed to put anything out of your mind. This lesson is all about idioms with put – and I’m not putting you on…Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Jean put her boyfriend on the spot at the party when she asked him when they were going to get married.
- My boss often puts me on the spot at meetings when he asks really difficult questions or suddenly makes me do a presentation.
- The boss put Jack in the hot seat when he came late to the meeting.
- Your wife is going to put you in the hot seat if you come home drunk again tonight.
- You had lunch with Johnny Depp? Oh you’re just putting me on.
- I think Jack was putting me on when he told me that he was dating a supermodel. He’s not really at the supermodel level.
- Every time I try to call the bank they put me on hold for at least 20 minutes before I can talk to a person.
- Oh you want to talk to the boss? Let me put you on hold for a moment and I’ll get him.
- Jenny said that she really enjoys painting, but she has to put that on the back burner because she is too busy with her school work.
- Because of the recession, the company’s plan to open a branch office in Tokyo was put on the back burner.
- I got a lot of good ideas at the seminar and I put them down in my notebook.
- The teacher gave us some good ideas about studying today so I put them down.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and Mp3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Monthly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month or $270 per year