Do you have itchy fingers? Do you have your finger on the pulse of pop music? Have you let an opportunity slip through your fingers because you have a finger in too many pies? Or maybe you’re a butterfingers…Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- I haven’t traveled since the pandemic started, so I really have itchy fingers to take a vacation.
- A new pizza shop opened in my neighborhood two weeks ago. I’ve got itchy fingers to check it out.
- My friend Ed is a musician and always has his finger on the pulse of today’s popular musicians.
- In business, an effective marketing manager will have their finger on the pulse of the hottest social media.
- I waited too long to make a decision on buying that car and it slipped through my fingers. Now I have to start car shopping again.
- Listen to me Jack. Don’t wait too long to ask that girl for a date. If you do, she’ll slip through your fingers and go out with another guy.
- I totally forgot about my appointment with Mr. Ozbourne. I guess I have my finger in too many pies.
- The reason you keep making mistakes on the job, is because you have your finger in too many pies. You should hire someone to help you.
- Can you please hold the hammer more tightly? You’re such a butterfingers.
- Oh! Don’t let me carry the wine glasses – I’m a butterfingers.
- At the cocktail party, they served several kinds of wine and a lot of finger food.
- When we plan the menu for our picnic, we should think about what kind of finger food we can bring.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month or $270 per year