Have you ever broken your neck to do something for somebody? Is your boss a pain in the neck or always breathing down your neck? Maybe you are up to your neck in work. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- I can’t believe that the boss wants me to redo this entire report. I broke my neck to get this done in one day and now I have to spend another day redoing it.
- Jack canceled his birthday party? I can’t believe that. I broke my neck to find him a nice gift.
- I’m not going to break my neck to help her anymore. She never appreciates anything that I do.
- When I was a teenager I had to be careful with what I was doing because my parents were always breathing down my neck.
- You don’t have to breathe down my neck while I’m working. I totally know how to do my job.
- Kim said that her husband is always breathing down her neck when she uses her phone. I wonder why he’s so suspicious.
- If you had told me that you were going to be in my neck of the woods yesterday I would have invited you to come over.
- My uncle always invites me to go fishing whenever I’m in his neck of the woods.
- Whenever I’m in Jack’s neck of the woods, I stop by a quaint little cafe there because they have the best cappuccino.
- Going to the motor vehicle office to renew your drivers license is always a big pain in the neck.
- Tommy said that his new boss is quite a pain in the neck.
- Making homemade pizza is a bit of a pain in the neck, but it’s always worth the effort.
- During my last semester of college, I was up to my neck in homework.
- Scott is an accountant and he’s always up to his neck in work a few months before the tax deadline.
- Alice has four kids, so she’s always up to her neck in housework.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month