Have you ever hear of Jack Frost, or old man winter? Maybe you you pay attention to the wind chill factor. In the winter, is it freezing or nippy? Maybe there is a biting wind where you live. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- It looks like Jack Frost will be in town this weekend.
- Wow, looks like Old Man Winter came for a visit.
- It’s two degrees outside but the wind chill factor is minus seven.
- I was going to rake the leaves, but it’s really freezing outside. I think I’ll just stay inside and read a book.
- I was freezing during yesterday’s meeting in the office because of the air conditioner. Why do they need to keep the temperature so low?
- It’s bitter cold in upstate New York in the winter time.
- It was bitterly cold when I walked my dog this morning.
- It was frigid in Jack’s old car because the heater was broken.
- I think it’s too frigid for the dogs to play outside.
- Bundle up! It’s pretty nippy outside.
- The wind is pretty nippy out there. Let’s pop into this cafe for a hot cup of tea.
- There is a biting wind during a blizzard.
- The wind was really biting today.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month