Did you know that you can be under the weather, under the gun, under fire or under pressure? And something can also be under wraps or just water under the bridge. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Little Bobby seems to be under the weather today so I think I’m going to keep him home from school.
- I’m feeling a little under the weather today so I think I’m going to leave work early.
- The sales people in that company are always under pressure from the bosses. I wouldn’t want to have that kind of job.
- It’s almost the end of the semester, so a lot of students are under pressure to finish their term papers and complete their assignments.
- Tommy has been under the gun from his publishing company to finish his new book.
- The sales team is under the gun because the end of the fiscal year is just five weeks away.
- Nobody knows grandma’s true age because she keeps that tightly under wraps.
- I’ve heard that our company is going to be bought by another company, but the details are under wraps.
- The president has been under fire because of his plans to raise the sales tax again.
- A famous actor was recently under fire for slapping another entertainer during a live television broadcast.
- Danny and his wife get along well these days and it seems that all of the problems that they had when they first got married are just water under the bridge.
- Why do you keep talking about the stupid things that we did in high school. Isn’t that all water under the bridge already?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- The word for word-for-word transcript pdf and Mp3 Audio of this and every podcast, even those coming up in the future.
- Live Group Coaching monthly with Michael and your fellow group members.
- Access to Michael’s private Facebook Group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
All of this for just $47 (One-Time Payment)