Did you know that you can keep track, make tracks, lose track and cover your tracks? You can also be on track, on the right track and track something down? Track is one of those interesting words in English because it has a number of different meanings and uses. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at 8 Idioms using track. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Smartphones and cloud applications make it easy to keep track of your appointments.
- There are so many new pop stars these days that it’s hard to keep track of who sings what.
- When you’re enjoying yourself so much, it’s easy to lose track of time.
- Because the accounting manager wasn’t doing his job well, the company lost track of several big payments.
- If we don’t make tracks, we’re going to be late for the flight.
- Oh! I can’t believe it’s after midnight. I totally lost track of time and since I have work tomorrow I’d better make tracks.
- Hoboken, New Jersey is off the beaten track, but there are a lot of good restaurants there.
- The last time Charlie stayed in France, he spent a week at a small inn that was off the beaten track.
- We have a few more things to buy but besides that, we are on track for tomorrow’s party.
- The manager said that factory is on track to sell its 1 millionth car.
- Ted is studying very hard in university and working hard at his internship so he’s definitely on the right track.
- Some college students spend more time drinking than they do studying. Those guys are definitely on the wrong track.
- Jack was trying to use social media to track down one of his old girlfriends.
- I broke my mother’s antique cocktail glass and I’ve been trying for a long time to track down a replacement.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- The word for word-for-word transcript pdf and Mp3 Audio of this and every podcast, even those coming up in the future.
- Live Group Coaching monthly with Michael and your fellow group members.
- Access to Michael’s private Facebook Group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
All of this for just $47 (One-Time Payment)