Did you know that you can keep track, make tracks, lose track and cover your tracks? You can also be on track, on the right track and track something down? Track is one of those interesting words in English because it has a number of different meanings and uses. For today’s English lesson, let’s have a look at 8 Idioms using track. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Smartphones and cloud applications make it easy to keep track of your appointments.
- There are so many new pop stars these days that it’s hard to keep track of who sings what.
- When you’re enjoying yourself so much, it’s easy to lose track of time.
- Because the accounting manager wasn’t doing his job well, the company lost track of several big payments.
- If we don’t make tracks, we’re going to be late for the flight.
- Oh! I can’t believe it’s after midnight. I totally lost track of time and since I have work tomorrow I’d better make tracks.
- Hoboken, New Jersey is off the beaten track, but there are a lot of good restaurants there.
- The last time Charlie stayed in France, he spent a week at a small inn that was off the beaten track.
- We have a few more things to buy but besides that, we are on track for tomorrow’s party.
- The manager said that factory is on track to sell its 1 millionth car.
- Ted is studying very hard in university and working hard at his internship so he’s definitely on the right track.
- Some college students spend more time drinking than they do studying. Those guys are definitely on the wrong track.
- Jack was trying to use social media to track down one of his old girlfriends.
- I broke my mother’s antique cocktail glass and I’ve been trying for a long time to track down a replacement.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month