Tell is an interesting verb in English because it has a number of meanings and uses. In Podcast Episode 414 we looked at some phrases and idioms with the verb tell. Today we’re going to look at three conversational phrases using tell. Knowing these, will help you make your English conversation sound more natural. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- I’m telling you. This is the best pizza I’ve ever had.
- The view from the top of the Empire State building is amazing. I’m telling you, you really have to check it out.
- This new boss is really too much to handle. I’m telling you, she’s going to be the reason that I quit this job.
- Don’t tell me the class has been canceled!
- Don’t tell me you forgot something in the office.
- Don’t tell me the coffee shop was closed.
- Wow the sky is getting very dark. Something tells me it’s going rain.
- The boss was way too quiet today. Something tells me there’s a problem.
- My wife was very quiet during dinner tonight. Something tells me she’s angry with me.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- The word for word-for-word transcript pdf and Mp3 Audio of this and every podcast, even those coming up in the future.
- Live Group Coaching monthly with Michael and your fellow group members.
- Access to Michael’s private Facebook Group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
All of this for just $47 (One-Time Payment)