Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Here’s my question. Did you know that you can get the hang of something? Recently did you need to cough up anything? Can you easily stick to something? Have you tagged along with anyone recently? *These are 4 casual phrasal verbs that that are good to know and use in your daily English conversation. Let’s study together.
*Actually, get the hang of is an idiom. Sorry for any confusion
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- The teacher said it is easy to get the hang of using phrasal verbs.
- I tried playing golf a couple of times, but I just couldn’t get the hang of
- Baking is easy for my mom, but it was hard for me to get the hang of
- We’re going to the bar after work. Do you wanna tag along?
- I’m gonna tag along with Jack at the business conference because, you know, he’s been to those places a lot before.
- You’re going to the coffee shop? Do you mind if I tag along?
- The office manager made everyone cough up five bucks for a cake for Jack’s birthday.
- When I bought that car, I had to cough up a pretty big down payment.
- I can’t believe that Tommy coughs up $2000 a month to rent that tiny apartment downtown.
- If you want to improve your English, you need to stick with
- Ted has trouble sticking to his diet. That’s why he hasn’t lost any weight.
- According to my mom, when you bake, it’s important to stick with the recipe.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!
Just $27 per month