Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Did you know that you can ace any exam or even bomb an exam? If you don’t want to bomb it, you should hit the books or at least, brush up on the subject. Or better yet, you should learn it by heart. Today, I’ve got five idioms that have to do with learning something. Learning idioms can make your English conversation sound more natural and more colorful.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I am taking a math exam on Friday and I’m sure I’m going to ace
- Hey, I heard that Tommy aced his job interview at Google.
- How did you bomb the history exam? Didn’t you study?
- Oh man, I should have been better prepared for that interview. I totally bombed
- Instead of spending the whole night looking at tick tock, why don’t you try hitting the books. Don’t you have an exam next week?
- I need to head to the library today and hit the books.
- You guys know my second language is Japanese. So I’ve decided to brush up on my reading and writing skills.
- Nick decided to brush up on his Italian for his vacation this summer.
- The best way to remember idioms is to learn them by heart.
- Before he’s audition, Eddie needed to learn 10 songs by heart.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!