Did you know that you can ace any exam or even bomb an exam? If you don’t want to bomb it, you should hit the books or at least, brush up on the subject. Or better yet, you should learn it by heart. Today, I’ve got five idioms that have to do with learning something. Learning idioms can make your English conversation sound more natural and more colorful.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I am taking a math exam on Friday and I’m sure I’m going to ace
- Hey, I heard that Tommy aced his job interview at Google.
- How did you bomb the history exam? Didn’t you study?
- Oh man, I should have been better prepared for that interview. I totally bombed
- Instead of spending the whole night looking at tick tock, why don’t you try hitting the books. Don’t you have an exam next week?
- I need to head to the library today and hit the books.
- You guys know my second language is Japanese. So I’ve decided to brush up on my reading and writing skills.
- Nick decided to brush up on his Italian for his vacation this summer.
- The best way to remember idioms is to learn them by heart.
- Before he’s audition, Eddie needed to learn 10 songs by heart.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- The word for word-for-word transcript pdf and Mp3 Audio of this and every podcast, even those coming up in the future.
- Live Group Coaching monthly with Michael and your fellow group members.
- Access to Michael’s private Facebook Group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!