Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Did you know that can get snowed, get a snow job, get snowed under, get snowed in, and…be a snowbird? These are five idioms that use the word snow. Knowing idioms can help to make your English conversation sound more colorful. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Jack’s reason for coming late was just a snow job.
- She gave me a snow job about not having time to finish her homework.
- When Tommy went through the red light, the police pulled over his car and no matter what Tommy said, the cop knew he was getting a snow job.
- I got snowed by the guy who fixed my car. He said he changed the breaks, but it seems like he didn’t do it.
- Some guy on Madison Avenue offered to sell me a Rolex watch. When he told me it was just $25 I knew I was getting snowed.
- Grandma almost got snowed by someone who called her saying that there was a problem with her bank account. She may be old, but she’s still pretty sharp.
- I can’t leave the office early today. I’m snowed under with work.
- Bob said he was snowed under with schoolwork.
- At the end of the tax year, the accounting company is totally snowed under with paperwork.
- There’s a blizzard coming? I’m going to leave the office before the storm snows me in.
- We got snowed in at the ski resort and had to stay there an extra night.
- I don’t want to drive through the countryside in the wintertime because I don’t want to get snowed in.
- My cousin lives in New York and also has a house in Florida, so she’s a snowbird from November to April.
- That retirement community is popular with the snowbirds from the Northeast.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!