Did you know that we can say the weather is fine, person is fine, a dish is fine, and even a crack in that dish could be fine. The word fine, f-i-n-e, is one of those interesting words in English that has several different meanings and uses. Fine is a pretty common word so learning how fine is used will help your everyday English sound more natural. Let’s study together.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- It was a fine day when we went sailing.
- I’m traveling to Paris this afternoon and it looks like it’s a fine day for flying.
- Grandma was in the hospital for a couple of days, but she’s fine
- Jack has been home in bed with the flu for a week, but when I talked to him this morning he said that he was finally feeling fine.
- Okay, so your idea is to have a meeting and then have lunch and then finish the meeting and then go out to dinner. That sounds fine to me. What does everybody else think?
- Person A: What do you think about my new hairstyle?
- Person B: Well, I think it looks fine. Do you like it?
- Person A: would you like some more coffee?
- Person B: Oh, no, I’m fine
- Tiffany and Company is very famous for selling fine jewelry.
- My mom uses her fine china on holidays
- There is a very fine border around that drawing.
- They use fine sugar to coat those donuts.
- Hey be careful! It looks like there is a fine crack in that wineglass.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- The word for word-for-word transcript pdf and Mp3 Audio of this and every podcast, even those coming up in the future.
- Live Group Coaching monthly with Michael and your fellow group members.
- Access to Michael’s private Facebook Group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!