Did you know that you can hook up something, hook up a person with something, and even hook up a person with another person? Hook up is one of those phrasal verbs in English that has a number of uses and grammar patterns. Knowing these patterns will help you communicate with confidence in English.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I bought a new TV and the technician is coming tomorrow to hook it up.
- It took the workers less than half an hour to hook my washing machine up.
- It wasn’t easy to hook up a computer before WiFi.
- A smart TV can be hooked up to the internet.
- The workers hooked my washing machine up to the hot and cold water pipes.
- You can easily hook up your computer to a WiFi network these days.
- The TV is hooked up with wires.
- The workers hooked my washing machine up with a few hoses and pipes.
- The stove is hooked up with a large electric wire.
- My friend Paul works in a theater and I’m hoping he can hook me up with some tickets for the show.
- My cousin works for Apple and she hooked me up with an iPhone 12 before they were sold in the stores.
- You like jazz? I should hook you up with my cousin. He’s a huge jazz fan.
- When I started my restaurant business, the chef hooked me up with some suppliers.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- The word for word-for-word transcript pdf and Mp3 Audio of this and every podcast, even those coming up in the future.
- Live Group Coaching monthly with Michael and your fellow group members.
- Access to Michael’s private Facebook Group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast – Pay Once, Get Free Updates Every Time
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!