Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Today, we’re going to look at the different ways that you can use the phrase out of your way or out of the way. I’m going to show you four useful phrases that you can use in your everyday English conversations and writing. Let’s check them out.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- I’d love to go to that pizza shop but it’s a little bit out of my way. Let’s just go to the diner.
- When I was driving in Pennsylvania last weekend, I went to a little out-of-the-way antique shop. It was awesome.
- I remember the time that my car broke down on the highway at night. The police officer who stopped there went out of her way to help me out.
- I’m very grateful to my boss because he went out of his way to get me that promotion.
- I’m sorry to bother you but they’re going to be moving some furniture out of the conference room, so you’ll need to get out of the way for a while.
- There was a tall guy sitting in front of me at the concert and he was totally in the way. Luckily after about 20 minutes he got out of the way by moving to another seat.
- I know you have a tight schedule today so I’m going to do my best to keep out of your way.
- My roommate has several reports to finish for school this week, so I’m going to totally keep out of his way.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!