Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Today, we’re going to look at the different ways that you can use the phrasal verb up to. This is one of those cases where a phrasal verb has more than one meaning and usage. Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Hi Mike! What are you up to?
- How about you? What are you up to?
- I’m not up to walking to the park. Let’s take a bus.
- I’m really not up to cooking. Why don’t we eat out!
- In baseball, it’s up to the pitcher to control how many hits the other team gets.
- In soccer, it’s up to the goalkeeper to make sure the ball doesn’t go into the net.
- I’ve been reading The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and I’m up to page 90.
- We are up to season 3 in Friends. What a great TV show.
- Up to now, I haven’t seen a UFO.
- You have up to September 20th to exchange this watch at the store.
- This project will take up to six months.
- I can spend up to $50 on a shirt, but no more.
- Make sure your work is up to the company standard.
- The food in that restaurant was not up to my expectations.
- “Where do you want to have lunch, the deli or pizza shop?” “It’s up to you! I can eat anything.”
- “Can we use this photo on our website?” “It’s up to the marketing manager. You need to ask her.”
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!