Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
The other day one of my students was asking me about the phrasal verb talk over. It’s interesting that in English, some phrasal verbs can have several different meanings and uses. So today, we’re going to look at the different ways that we use talk over. Phrasal verbs are an important part of everyday English, and also good to know when you take one of those English exams like TOEIC and TOEFL. Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- I have some news for you. Let’s talk over a beer tonight after work.
- We were talking over coffee yesterday and Jenny told me she was going to quit her job.
- I heard you need some advice. We can talk over dinner if you’d like.
- I want to buy a new car, but I should talk it over with my wife first.
- I have a problem at work. Can I talk it over with you?
- Hey! If you are thinking about changing the website, you had better talk it over with the boss before you do anything.
- I hate having meetings with Jim. He always talks over someone. He thinks what he has to say is so important.
- Mom said, “Johnny! Don’t talk over your father. It’s impolite.”
- Ugh! My boss always talks over me when I try to make a point.
- The music at the dance club was so loud we couldn’t talk over it.
- It’s not easy to talk over the noise at the factory.
- I hate being in crowded restaurants where you need to talk over the crowd.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!