Let me ask you something. Have you done anything recently that’s a recipe for disaster? Was that a hard nut to crack? Is taking a risk not your cup of tea? Do you know anyone who is full of baloney or someone with a half-baked idea? Today we’re going to talk about these food related idioms.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Jack said he’s thinking about asking his secretary for a date but that’s totally a recipe for disaster. You shouldn’t date your coworker.
- Are you going to try to change the battery in your iPhone by yourself? That’s really a recipe for disaster.
- Getting your partner or spouse to stop smoking is a hard nut to crack.
- I know that breaking the lease for my apartment is a hard nut to crack, but I’m going to do everything that I can to move out of here.
- Sorry, but watching bowling on TV is not my cup of tea.
- Some of my coworkers invited me to go drinking with them after work, but hanging out with my coworkers and my boss after work is really not my cup of tea.
- You’re going to hitchhike from New York to Florida? Huh, that sounds like a half-baked idea to me.
- I know that Jenny is a good cook, but opening up her own restaurant is a bit of a half-baked idea. She really has no business experience.
- When the mechanic told me that I need to change the engine in my car, I realized he was full of baloney.
- There was a guy at the party last night talking about all of the famous people that he’s met, but to be honest I think he was just full of baloney.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!