Here’s today’s English point – Idioms with LOOK. I love helping you learn idioms because they make your English sound more natural and less textbook-ish. For today’s lesson, let’s look at 6 Idioms that use the verb LOOK. Let’s check it out!
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- The boss gave me a dirty look when I came late to work this morning.
- I’m going to leave the bar at 9 o’clock today because if I come home late again I’m sure my wife is going to give me a dirty look.
- When Jack told me that he was going to be dating one of his coworkers I told him that he was looking for trouble.
- You’re going to open up your phone and try to fix it by yourself? I think you’re looking for trouble.
- My coworker suggested that I tell the boss that his new hairpiece doesn’t look good, but I told her “don’t look at me”. I’m not going to break the news to him about that.
- Go bungee jumping? Don’t look at me!
- When I ask the boss if we were going to get a bonus this summer he didn’t say no but I think it looks bleak.
- I was hoping that my favorite team would win the game today but after the halfway point it just looked bleak.
- I found a box of floppy disks in my office and I looked high and low for the floppy disk drive but I couldn’t find it, so I guess I’ll never figure out what’s on those discs.
- I have looked high and low for my keys but I just can’t find them anywhere.
- Before the meeting the printer broke so I could only make three copies of the report. Since there are six of us we’ll have to look on with each other.
- Hey I forgot to bring my textbook today, so can I look on with you?
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!