I always find it interesting how English vocabulary can be used in a variety of ways and no pun intended, this lesson is a good example of that . Let’s have a look at 8 different phrases that have the word WAY in them.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- I will be on my way home in a few minutes.
- Jack said that he is on his way and he’ll be here by 10 o’clock.
- I got a notification from Amazon this morning that my order is on the way.
- According to the weather forecast a hurricane is on the way.
- Yes, I agree. This is a very long line to enter the bank. By the way, your shoelace is untied.
- Well, if there are no other questions. Then I guess we can end the meeting here. Oh and by the way, we are expecting a new copy machine to be delivered tomorrow morning.
- The teacher has a way with His explanations are always very clear.
- Jenny has a way with Dogs and cats always seem to love her.
- I think that, in a way, pizza is healthier then other fast food. For example,
- In some ways, Jack is a good boss, but he is often not very flexible.
- The tall man that sat in front of me at the concert was totally in the way. I couldn’t see the stage.
- I couldn’t turn down the street I wanted to go on because a truck was in the way.
- Tommy: I just heard that the boss is not going to be giving out any summer bonuses.
- Jack: No way! I was going to use that money for my summer vacation next month.
- Tommy: Did you know that Frank’s pizza shop on Main Street closed?
- Jack: No way! I just had lunch there last week.
- I’ve known Eddie since we were in junior high school. We go way back.
- Way back when, before there were computers, we listen to music on records.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!