So is used as both an adverb and a conjunction. Today, let’s have a look at 5 different conversational phrases that use SO. These are handy phrases that you have probably heard in Movies and TV programs, and using them will enhance your English conversation. Are you ready? Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- In the Godfather movie, Vito Corleone is the boss of the so-called Mafia.
- Jenny went out with her so-called boyfriend. She thinks he’s her boyfriend but everyone else knows that he dates lots of other girls.
- The government gave each restaurant that closed during the pandemic around $400 a day, but this so-called economic relief package wasn’t enough to save many of those restaurants from closing permanently.
- My Japanese friend Noriko always helps me out when I have questions about Japanese language. She’s my teacher, so to speak.
- My family has gotten very attached to our dogs. They are our kids, so to speak.
- My friend Vincent knows a lot about business and he always gives me good advice. He is my advisor, so to speak.
- I recently moved to a new town and so far, I haven’t been able to find a good pizza shop.
- Last month I planted some vegetable seeds in my garden but so far nothing has grown.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!