Today let’s have a look at two words that are often confused in English – affect, which is spelled with an A and effect, which is spelled with an E. These two words are confusing for even native English speakers, so I can imagine how much trouble they can cause for English learners. Well, in this English lesson, I’m going to show you how you can remember the difference between affect and effect and use these words correctly in your English conversations and writing. Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences from this episode. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or join my Podcast Learner’s Group for the transcript, live group lessons, and more.
- Many homes and other buildings were affected by the recent tornado in Arkansas.
- Jack said that his company laid off 15% of the staff, but luckily, he wasn’t affected.
- Seeing the injured dog really affected Kim. She was blue all day.
- The training at the dog school had a positive effect on my dogs.
- What is the effect of studying hard? That’s easy – you’ll pass all of your exams.
- Smoking can have bad effects on your health.
- Star Wars had amazing special effects.
- The lighting effects that they use in the musical Spiderman give the illusion that Spiderman is actually flying through the theater.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
Join My Podcast Learner’s Group
This is the ultimate learning experience for my podcast English lesson fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode! You get:
- Get every podcast PDF and mP3 for past and future episodes
- Over 600 English Lessons
- Downloadable PDF: The word-for-word transcripts for every podcast episode
- Downloadable Mp3: The audio files for every podcast episode
- Weekly LIVE Group Coaching with Michael
- Access to Michael’s private Telegram group
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates.
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!