Today let’s have a look at two words that are often confused in English – affect, which is spelled with an A and effect, which is spelled with an E. These two words are confusing for even native English speakers, so I can imagine how much trouble they can cause for English learners. Well, in this English lesson, I’m going to show you how you can remember the difference between affect and effect and use these words correctly in your English conversations and writing. Let’s check it out.
Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- Many homes and other buildings were affected by the recent tornado in Arkansas.
- Jack said that his company laid off 15% of the staff, but luckily, he wasn’t affected.
- Seeing the injured dog really affected Kim. She was blue all day.
- The training at the dog school had a positive effect on my dogs.
- What is the effect of studying hard? That’s easy – you’ll pass all of your exams.
- Smoking can have bad effects on your health.
- Star Wars had amazing special effects.
- The lighting effects that they use in the musical Spiderman give the illusion that Spiderman is actually flying through the theater.
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
All of my Podcast English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes all of the podcast English lessons, including this episode!. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!