Here are the example sentences. To get the details of this English lesson, you need to listen to the podcast or check the transcript for the details.
- After school, I showed my mom my report card from school, and she wasn’t happy with my grades. Then she said that she was going to show it to my dad when he gets home from work. I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- Jack sent an email to the boss telling him that he’s going to quit his job. We haven’t heard anything from the boss yet, but we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- You might not like seeing homeless people on the street, but if you put yourself in their shoes, you can imagine how tough their life is.
- If you want to be successful at sales, put yourself in the customer’s shoes and think about what they need.
- When Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple died, his successor, Tim Cook had big shoes to fill.
- You’re taking over your dad’s restaurant business? Wow! You’ve really got big shoes to fill.
- When the detective retired, there were a lot of younger police officers who were eager to step into his shoes.
- The famous Broadway dancer has many young dancers ready to step into her shoes.
- As soon as I saw the rollercoaster I was shaking in my boots.
- The view from the top of the Empire State Building was amazing, but then when I looked down, I was shaking in my boots.
- Jack always complained about his boss. And then the company promoted him to be the boss, so the shoe is on the other foot. Now, the workers complain about Jack!
- When the policeman was arrested, he understood what it was like when the shoe is on the other foot.
- Tom: There are too many lazy people in this office.
- Joe: Are you saying that I’m lazy, too?
- Tom: Well, if the shoe fits, wear it!
- Kim: Jen, why are you always dating loser guys?
- Jen: What do you mean? Do you mean I’ve got bad judgment?
- Kim: Well, if the shoe fits, wear it!
If you know anyone who might be interested in this English language point, why not help them out! Just share this lesson with them. Thanks for studying today!
FREE Phrasal Verb Workshop
Let’s Master Phrasal Verbs & Vocabulary
In this FREE phrasal verb and vocabulary workshop I’ll teach you
- What phrasal verbs are and how we use them
- Why it is important for you to study phrasal verbs
- How to learn and actually remember this vocabulary using my proven 3 Easy Step Method.
My students tell me that it’s easy to learn phrasal verbs but really difficult to remember them when you need to use them. Now, I’ll show you how to do both!
Start really building your vocabulary today! And get my FREE pdf: 50 Phrasal Verbs
CHECK OUT MY TRANSCRIPTS & BOOKS
570+ English Lessons
This is the ultimate package for podcast English fans!
This package includes 550 English lessons. You get:
- 1000+ Pages PDF Files
- All of the Mp3 Audio Files
- Access to Michael’s English Learner’s Community Chat Room
FREE Updates Every New Podcast
Whenever there is new podcast, including this one, I will update this file and you can get a free updates – Buy once, enjoy forever!
Learn Grammar, Americans Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Vocabulary and more!